5 Days Tour of Fairy Meadows
Day 01: Islamabad- Chilas
- Early morning drive from Islamabad to Chilas via Naran.
- Lunch in a quality Hotel of Naran
- Departure for Chilas
- Dinner in Chilas
- Overnight in Chilas Hotel.
Day 02: Chilas - Fairy Meadows
- Departure for Fairy Meadows via Raikot Bridge.
- You will have to drive by jeeb till the last village “Tatto”.
- After Tatto, start trek to Fairy Meadows.
- Lunch at Fairy Meadows
- Putting up of Camps
- Evening walk
- Overnight in camp.
Day 03: Nanga Parbat Base Camp
- Day excursion to Nanga Parbat base camp.
- Back to the camps in Fairy Meadows.
- Overnight in Camps.
Day 04: Fairy Meadows- Besham
- Trek down to Tatto and transfer to the jeeps for Raikot bridge.
- Arrive at the jeep stop in Raikot and transfer to your cars and drive back on Karakorum Highway toward Islamabad.
- Refreshment in Besham
- Tour of Besham
- Dinner in hotel at Besham.
Day 05: Besham – Islamabad
- Departure for Islamabad.
End of Tour!
- City Tour
- Break Fast Included
- Wi Fi Facility throughout the way
- First Aid Kit
- Quality Hotel Stay
Fairy Meadow, known as Heaven on Earth is a lush green plateau in Gilgit Baltistan. It offers a breath taking view of Majestic Nanga Parbat (The Killer Mountain) which is the world’s 9th highest mountain. These lush green meadows and forests lie at the base of Nanga Parbat at the western side of the Himalayan range in Pakistan. Due to its mesmerizing beauty in 1953, an Australian climber “Hermann Bhul” named this place “Fairy Meadows”.
The most exciting and amazing thing about this place is to have overnight stay in fixed camping side, or in the traditionally built wood Huts, which offers magnificent view of the North face of the Nanga Parbat. There are several short trekking sites on this plateau, including the full day excursion up to the base camp (3900 m) of Nanga Parbat.
It is very easy walk through the forest till then the edge of the plateau which is known as “Beyal Camp” (3500 m). The trek from Beyal Camp to base camp is little difficult as you have to cross the “Raikot glacier”.
There is no any problem of accommodation at this place, as very good hotels and bungalows are available at the meadows, but after reaching this place you will choose to camp in the grassy sites.
The best time to visit Fairy Meadows is between end of June and middle of August. This place becomes inaccessible in winter due to heavy snowfall.
It is about 540 km drive from Islamabad to Raikot Bridge through Karakorum Highway where local Jeeps will take you up to the Tatto village. It is one and half hour exciting drive from Raikot Bridge to the last village of Tatto (2900 m). On arrival at Tatto village, it starts trekking on very easy and simple route to Fairy meadows.